Don't Waste Experiences



Going through my diary last night I came across something I'd written captioned, "My Epic love Story." Now, I'm not here to tell you about my epic love story (sorry!) but what that experience did to me. Note that said experience happened in secondary School (High School).
Our break up happened at a time when we had just finished an exam called Joint Promotion Exams, JPE. It's an exam you write at ss2 and is compulsory for all Airforce student. Just before the conclusion of the exams, little things had happened here and there that I didn't pay attention to and hadn't realized it had affected his love for me. You gotta understand, I was too focused on other stuff and I just needed a little space. I was terrible at communicating that and it hurt him. So after the whole exam I was so excited to be done, it had all gone so well. Then I realized I hadn't really seen him around and we hadn't really talked; I was a little concerned. I asked some of his friends and I heard he had fallen ill. I felt bad and I thought of something I could do to make him feel better.
That night during prep, I was just doodling on paper and next thing I knew I had written a poem, a good poem. For me this was like a miracle because I always thought I was bad at writing, I wasn't creative. I hated anything write up especially essays. That night for the first time I realized I could actually be creative in writing. Mehn! That was like Pandora's box being thrown open and I just had to know all the secrets inside.
 I started writing and writing, I just couldn't get enough of it. You'll wonder why I'm sharing this. The thing is, I never would have discovered the writer in me if I hadn't gone through this experience. This blog may not even be a reality, all the posts I've made that people enjoyed, the creativity and unique style behind all my write ups. All that may never have happened if I hadn't experienced this or it could have happened at a much later date, one never knows.
I just want to say that embedded in every situation and in every experience both positive and negative are  lessons waiting to be learnt. I once went for a conference where the Host, Pastor Ndukwe said, I praphrase, every experience teaches you something that's not just for you but for others too. That pain you overcame, the victory you fought for in the midst of that ache, there's a person out there who no one else can reach but you; because only you would understand what it was like to feel that pain and the joy you experienced when you overcame. Only you would truly understand. So I implore you like the Host of that conference did, " Don't waste your experiences." It's the lessons you learn from them that truly guides you on how to change the world. There's someone out there waiting for you not to give up or give in. I hope you can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

PS: yes we did break up, but we have remained great friends till now.

15 comments

  1. wow
    1. Lol. Wow indeed!
  2. Go Sylvia...very good content
    1. Thank you
  3. Thank you my leader 👑 for this great incite... I won't give up
    No experience is a waste
    1. Thank you for taking the lesson to heart
  4. You still owe us the love story *Tongue out*, I realized this during one of our outreach, “ there’s a person out there, who no one else can reach but you”
  5. Hahahaha. Story for another day.
    It's good to know you've experienced the same lesson
  6. My dad once said, "with necessity comes invention". We only have to look inward. Thank you ma'am!
    1. Your dad is indeed a wise man!
  7. This is nice.
  8. Wow!!!.

    I wont give up,I won't give in!
    Cos there is someone out there I need to reach!...
    This is it!!!!...weldone sweetie!!
    1. I love the Passion behind this mantra!
  9. M still interested in the break up story o..
    1. Hahahaha.
© Sylvies Memoire. All rights reserved. Premium By Raushan Design